31 - Tutch
exploring the threshold of electronic touching
Nfc technology proposed in an experiemntal workshop on sensibility and the act and fact of touching, and not be able to touch.
The choice of technology plays a metaphoric role in creating the possibility of transmitting sensations leaving in evidence the proper experience of analogical and digital sensing the touch of another person.
The programme divides in 7 thematic weeks each exploring different digital processes of the implication and application of technology to human life.
- the interaction between human/analog and digital/electronic touching.
- explore the range of sensibility
- learn series of digital processes (programming, electronic, design and fabrication) through the creation of a collective interactiv sculpture.
- Weekly classes (3h) with theory and practice of specific process weekly assignment. Following class starts with review of previous weekly assignment.
- class 1 - implications and documentation template (create web ledger of learned skills)
- class 2 - Understanding NFC technology/safe distance touching
- class 3 - analog touching - interface
- class 4 - physical representation/CAD design + fabrication
- class 5 - electronics/functionalities
- class 6 - programming - autonomy/vs/interaction
- class 7 - colectiv knowledge/shared experience